Thursday, June 10, 2010
Mission Peace: Bangalore: Stop the Noise!
Bangalore is marching ahead as a quieter city. Check this out!
Harmful effects of noise include:
• Loss of hearing
• Increase in blood pressure
• Sleep disturbances
• Heightened irritability
• Digestion problems
The 10th of every month is now No Honking Day in Bangalore. On 28th April 2010, International Noise Awareness Day, Mission Peace in association with Karnataka Police launched a monthly No Honking Day for Karnataka State.
LET US ALL:
• Use horn only when absolutely
necessary; use cut-out for
reverse-horn, especially in silent
zones and during the night.
• Not use shrill or multi-tone or
• Fix the silencer of our twowheelers
• Avoid travelling in autorickshaws
with tampered silencers.
• Switch off loudspeakers beyond
If you believe in the cause, sign the pledge to curb noise pollution:
Contact us for an anti-honking sticker for your shop or vehicle.
Posted by Vipul Shaha